Superintendent’s Report to the School Committee
September 26, 2018
Elementary Enrollment Update - Grade 3/Stanley:
- Mrs. Longin and I met to discuss the needs of the two third grade classrooms at Stanley.
- In order to best meet the needs of the students, the best position to support these classrooms would be an Academic Tutor.
- An Academic Tutor would allow for small instructional groups in the breakout spaces during core subjects such as math and literacy.
- As of today, we have 12 applicants with a range of educational experience from 2 to 24 years.
- Mrs. Longin and her staff are conducting interviews.
- We are still on track to have this targeted support in place in a couple of weeks.
School Business Administrator Search
- We conducted interviews as scheduled last Thursday, September 20th.
- We are currently in negotiations with a candidate to bring forward to the Committee.
- Following our enrollment submission, we have been invited in to meet with the MSBA on Monday, October 15th. This meeting is proposed for the MSBA to better understand local conditions and any concerns the District may have as part of the enrollment forecast.
- Mr. Katz, Mrs. Wright, Mrs. Raymond, and I will be attending this meeting.
- In addition, the MSBA held two slots for our district to attend a one day class called the Story of a Building. It’s going to be held at the Woodland Elementary School in Milford. Mrs. Wright and I are registered to attend where we look forward to learning about topics such as Construction and Building Operations, Lessons Learned, Best Practices regarding IT software and hardware, and furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
- Administrators have been pouring over the preliminary data since late summer.
- Results are embargoed until 12:01 tonight and will be released to the public tomorrow.
- They will be arriving in the district on Friday, the 28th and will be sent home on Tuesday, October 2nd, across the district.