Superintendent’s Report to the School Committee
October 24, 2018
Academic Tutor for Grade 3 at Stanley:
- Another round of interviews is being conducted by Mrs. Longin and her teachers.
- Update: 10.25.18 - Mrs. Longin and her team have hired an Academic Tutor who will provide general education targeted support and will begin on Tuesday, November 13th.
School Business Administrator
- We look forward to welcoming Ms. Martha Sybert to begin on November 7, 2018.
Interim Hadley Principal
- I am very pleased to announce that Ms. Kathleen Huntley will be the Interim Principal at Hadley School during Ms. Bebchick’s absence.
- Ms. Huntley comes to us with five years of elementary administrator experience from the Westford Public Schools.
- She has participated and served on committees at the state level including the Massachusetts Educator Evaluation Committee and the Bullying Legislation Committee.
- Mrs. Huntley has also served as an elementary science coordinator at a K-5 school, a middle and high school math and science teacher, and a college professor and university supervisor in a teacher certification program.
- As of this time, Ms. Huntley’s interim role will be from November 26th through March 4th with up to 7 transition days with Ms. Bebchick prior to her leave and up to 7 transition days upon Ms. Bebchick’s return.
- Last Monday, October 15th, we had a preliminary enrollment meeting with the MSBA Team in Boston.
- We have been invited back on November 19th prior to the next deliverable of our Enrollment Certification which is due on November 28th.
- Our School Building Committee has been approved and we are scheduling a meeting with this committee in the next week or so.
- Ms. Wright and I are attending an all-day seminar on Monday - The Story of a Building.
Tech Tuesdays/Tech Thursdays
- Tech Tuesdays/Tech Thursdays will run twice a month after school at SHS (or another building). These sessions will be 45 minutes 2:45-3:30, and each week will be different and guided by REQUESTS from the teachers.
- These sessions are open to ALL employees of SPS who can make the sessions, no matter your role.
- Dates we have scheduled so far: Tuesday, October 23, Thursday, October 25, Tuesday, November 13, Thursday, November 29, Tuesday, December 11, and Thursday, December 13