Superintendent’s Report to the School Committee
Feb 3, 2021
Teaching and Learning Update
● Mrs. Bowler - Middle School Chorus Teacher
● 6th and 8th grade going to learn how to arrange a song for their choruses
● Mrs. Bowler has connected with two composers who are going to meet with students
via Zoom and answer their questions about this process.
● Roger Emerson (composer/arranger) has over 900 choral titles will be speaking
with the 6th graders
○ He’s won awards and written for all kinds of events
○ If you’ve ever sung in a chorus from about 1970 until today,
you have most likely sung something written or arranged by Roger.
● Dr. Braeden Ayres a young composer who will be speaking with our 8th-grade
○ Students sang one of his arrangements at the winter concert last year and
fell in love with the piece.
○ He's based in Colorado and he has a great talent for writing for kids
in this age bracket. He's super excited to talk to them and share his expertise.
Mid-Year Assessment Data
● Mid-year assessments at all levels will be wrapping up by the end of the month.
● The Phase V Committee has reconvened and has begun to look at the data
we have to date, discuss how we define growth and improvement, and what the next
steps might look like.
● Dr. Bacon will be meeting with all parents interested in being part of this process
and share their ideas.
● We look forward to a presentation to the committee at the February 24th meeting.
● Try to produce monthly
● This edition really highlights our students
● Not in person via Zoom - well done!
● Kohut's Corner - January 14th
COVID Distancing Survey - (84 responses)