Superintendent’s Report to the School Committee
April 30, 2020
- Our last day of school on the 185th day remains June 22nd
- Seniors last day is May 29th
- Can be no more than 12 school days before what would have been our 180th school day (June 16th)
- September 14th - Tentative Marathon Monday - likely a state holiday, which would mean a potential change to the 2020-2021 school year calendar
- Beginning Monday, May 4th, all custodians will return to work adhering to the guidelines set outlined in a Department of Labor Standards email this week: DLS email
- Projects and tasks have been outlined until we implement the picking up of student and teacher materials and belongings over the next several weeks.
- Every morning their first task will be to clean and sanitize the offices in each building. This will allow for my Leadership Team and Administrative Assistants to return to work in the buildings in their offices if they are comfortable doing so and also adhering to the guidelines.
- Medication return - Emily Cilley coordinating with school nurses and families
- Teacher and student personal item pickup - plans are in the works for grab and go bags with students’ names on them. However, we are holding until at least May 18th right now.
- Nursing and Cleaning Supplies are being ordered and stored through nursing and facilities including masks, thermometers, hand sanitizer, cleaning products, etc. We don’t want to wait and then struggle with availability.
- The Reopening Task Force is forming. We don’t know when or how yet, but in anticipation of some kind of opening we are convening a team to look at issues and concerns. We’ve started a Google document where we are parking our questions so far. Membership includes the Leadership Team, and representation from Facilities, Custodial, Nursing, Administrative Assistants, Faculty, Staff, and students.
- High School Graduation plans are being worked on with the high school team. They will be forming a working group with Senior Class Advisors, class officers, and others. Will be reporting back sometime next week.
- Remote Learning Memo 4.20
- Elementary K-5 Content Standards 4.20
- Secondary 6-12 Content Standards 4.20
- DESE Strengthening our Remote Learning
- K-5 Standards Google Sheet
- Next week - review plans and where we are going from here
MSBA Accelerated Repair Program:
- We were not notified but because Ms. Sybert reached out to find out where we were in the process we learned that there were 90 submissions so they adjusted the criteria meaning our roof would have to be 30 years old, which it’s not, some parts 28 years old, therefore we are no longer being considered for this year’s projects as part of this MSBA Program.
School Building Committee Educational Program Plan:
- Spent the vacation week writing this plan and submitted it to our OPM on Monday for submission to the MSBA to meet our deadline: Hadley Educational Program Plan